With the craziness of the past few years, especially for medical professionals, burnout has become more than just a buzzword. It’s an all too common reality for many. What if there was a way to combat it that also improved your patients’ experiences AND company culture?
In this episode of SYP, I have a conversation with Rachel Hatteberg Walt, MS, CCC-SLP, Meditation Teacher, Reiki Master, and Integrative Health Coach about the Swiss Army knife of therapeutic tools… compassion. You might not have thought of compassion as a tool previously, but her insight will have you reconsidering. Rachel shares simple, tangible shifts SLPs can make in their practice to utilize compassion while decreasing stress and burnout AND increase patient satisfaction and company revenue. It really is *that* powerful.
Haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to your podcast platform of choice and let us know what you think! Thanks for your support of this show! Your support is what keeps Swallow Your Pride coming back with new episodes each week.
In this episode, you'll hear about:
* Utilizing compassion as a tool with patients
* Signs of burnout and how compassion can combat burnout
* What exactly is compassion?
* The value in providing compassion to increase patient comfort and investment in therapy
* Mindfulness techniques have been shown to increase compassion, improve symptoms of burnout, stress, improve clinician satisfaction, company culture, patient safety and goal outcomes